WHAT ARE THE SFCN SERVICES?
THE SFCN SERVICES ARE BASED IN THE ARC PROGRAMS CASTLEGAR OFFICE AND ARE PROVIDED TO FOSTER PARENTS, AND PROSPECTIVE FOSTER PARENTS, ACROSS THE WEST KOOTENAY AND BOUNDARY COMMUNITIES THROUGH A VARIETY OF OUTREACH APPROACHES.
THE FOCUS IS TO HELP THE FOSTER PARENTS INCREASE THEIR:
- NATURAL AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- COMMUNICATION ABILITIES
- PARENTING CAPACITY
- PEER SUPPORT
- FAMILY COPING STRATEGIES
- SKILL BASE
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- COORDINATION OF TRAINING FOR FOSTER PARENTS
- ENHANCED COMMUNICATION
- POSTER PARENTING PROMOTION AND SUPPORT TO (MINISTRY) RECRUITMENT
- DEVELOPMENT OF PEER SUPPORT PROCESSES
- ONE TO ONE SUPPORT AS NEEDED
- SUPPORT TO THE LOCAL BC YOUTH IN CARE NETWORK
HOW TO ACCESS THIS SERVICE?
Support and training is provided for all foster parents, prospective foster parents, and concurrent homes; and some specialized training is also provided to adoptive homes.
Access this program through the Network Facilitator, contact information below.
WHAT ARE THE OPERATING HOURS?
General operating hours are days and evenings Monday to Friday. Duration and frequency of service depends on the individual needs and goals of each family.