WHAT IS THE FAMILY TREATMENT PROGRAM?
THE FAMILY TREATMENT PROGRAM PROVIDES SPECIALIZED AND INTENSIVE IN- HOME AND COMMUNITY-BASED TREATMENT FOR CHILDREN & YOUTH AGED 6-18 AND THEIR FAMILILIES, WHO ARE EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHILD OR YOUTH’S DIAGNOSED THOUGHT OR MOOD DISORDER.
THE FOCUS IS TO HELP THE CHILD OR YOUTH AND FAMILY INCREASE THEIR:
- EMOTIONAL STABILITY
- understanding of their mental health diagnosis
- Parent child connection
- PARENTING CAPACITY
- INTERPERSONAL, cOPING AND LIFE SKILLS
- FAMILY COPING STRATEGIES
- INVOLVEMENT WITH NATURAL AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- COMPREHENSIVE ASSESSMENT AND GOAL DEVELOPMENT
- INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY COUNSELING
- PARENT COUNSELING AND PSYCHO-EDUCATION
- SCHOOL-BASED LIAISON
- EMOTIONAL, SOCIAL, AND INTERPERSONAL SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- OBSERVATION AND FEEDBACK
- COLLABORATION WITH CHILD YOUTH AND MENTAL HEALTH, PSYCHIATRIC AND OTHER SERVICES
- SUPPORT WITH INCREASING COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- LIMITED AFTER HOURS ON-CALL RESPONSE SERVICES
how to ACCESS THIS SERVICE?
All referrals are for children/youth who have an open file with CYMH, and come directly from the MCFD-CYMH clinicians or team leaders. After receiving a referral, we contact the family to discuss the program, and answer the family’s questions. An initial meeting is then set up, and the plan for service begins upon meeting the famly.
HOW LONG DOES THE FAMILY TREATMENT PROGRAM WORK WITH FAMILIES?
Duration and frequency depends on the individual needs and goals of each family. The program intent is to transition when parents feel confident in their ability to support the children/ youth in their care, or the family is ready for referral to other services or supports that will address ongoing strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
Marnie Bland, Program Director
250 763 2977