ARC Programs is now accepting applications for a qualified Child, Youth & Family (Mental Health) Counselor with our Intensive Family Mental Health Outreach Service, based in Kelowna.
The MHO counsellor will provide individual, parent and family counselling, including clinical intervention services to children and youth with a mental health diagnosis and their families. Services are delivered on an intensive outreach in-home/community basis, in collaboration with MCFD-CYMH and with other service providers involved in the case management team. Services are intended to build family stability, attachment and capacity to manage difficult circumstances including ongoing conflict and challenging and acting-out behaviors.
- MSW, MA Psych, (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years of direct clinical experience with the following:
- Experience with completing comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments
- Experience working with children and youth with a mental health diagnosis
- Experience working with children and youth with challenging behaviors
- Experience providing family counselling within complex family systems
- Experience using a variety of different clinical approaches that are specific to child, youth, and family mental health.
- Understanding of trauma and attachment informed approaches.
- Must possess a valid B.C. driver’s license and provide a ‘sound’ personal vehicle for business use.
- Must pass the screening process which includes a criminal record search, to confirm suitability for the position
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS AND WORKING ATOSPHERE
- Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Extended Health and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid vacation and Paid sick time
- RRSP contributions
If this opportunity sounds like a fit for you, please apply now by sending your resume and cover letter to Attention: Marnie Bland Mbland@arcprograms.com.
**Only successful applicants will be contacted.
ARC Programs is an equal-opportunity employer, promotes the diversity of our program teams, and requires employees to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity to the diversity of all populations of the communities we serve.