ARC Programs is now accepting applications for a qualified Child, Youth & Family Counsellor, to work with the CYSN Family Support Program, serving the East & West Kootenay service delivery area.
This is a full-time (45-hr /week) temporary position commencing in July 2022, covering a maternity leave.
The CYSN Family Support Counsellor will provide counselling and behaviour support, and will work with children and youth with developmental disabilities including but not limited to FASD or Autism Spectrum or other complex developmental behavioural and/or medical conditions and support needs.
• Providing in-home assessment, education, support, skill building and behaviour intervention and support.
• Coordinating services with other community partners and stakeholders.
• Increasing the capacity of families served to respond effectively to their child or youth’s individual needs, and to promote a strong parent-child relationship.
• Developing an individualized support plan, which may include strategies to reduce problem behaviours using behaviour intervention techniques, build coping and parenting skills, increase parent capacity, and develop community and natural supports.
Experience and Qualifications:
Candidates for this position will possess sufficient training and experience to perform all responsibilities of the job description, such as knowledge and experience serving the target population, knowledge of developmental behavioural conditions, parenting skills training/support experience.
The qualifications for this position include:
• BA - Psychology
• BA - Child and Youth Care
• And related experience
Successful applicants will be subject to a screening process, including a criminal record search, to confirm suitability for the position.
Applicants must have a current Driver’s License and a clean driving record. Please be aware that this position will require extensive travel over the East & West Kootenay service delivery area. A vehicle will be provided for travel.
Upon successful completion of a probationary period, applicants will be eligible for a full benefit package (including dental plan, vision care coverage, life insurance, extended medical coverage, long-term disability plan, and RRSP contributions).
New employees are eligible for 3 weeks paid vacation to start, along with paid sick days as needed.
ARC Programs is an equal-opportunity employer, promotes diversity within program teams, and requires employees to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity to the diversity of all populations of the communities we serve.
For more information:
Why choose ARC Programs as your employer?
For more information about agency services, and about working for ARC Programs please check out the 'Careers' page on this website.
Apply by email to:
Emma Crosthwaite, HR Director
Kindly include the job title in the subject line.
Please be aware that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.