arc programs is now accepting applications for a Keyworker position with the Support Services for Families (with FASD) Program, to join our Castlegar office, serving the West Kootenays.
The Support Services for Families (with FASD) Program provides community-based outreach support designed to enhance protective factors and reduce risk factors for young people with FASD, and to build the capacity of their families to provide ongoing nurturing care for their children.
The Keyworker provides case management support, service coordination, and assistance to families to implement the recommendations of the IHCAN Assessment provided by the Interior Health Children’s Assessment Network.
- Full-Time, Permanent
- Based on 37.5 hours per week.
Services include providing FASD parenting education and consultation, support accessing other needed community resources.
Provide individual or family counselling, advocacy and support for education planning and services, and coordination / implementation of assessment recommendations.
Provide a Parent/Caregiver Support component, which provides the opportunity for parents and caregivers to connect with one another in a safe and supportive environment.
The qualifications of the position consist of the following:
- MSW (Master of Social Work), or comparable master's level education.
- Psychiatric Nurse
- BSW, or BACYC and 2 years related experience.
- BA and 3 years related clinical experience.
- A minimum of 6 years combined profession-specific education and related clinical experience.
- Experience serving target population, children and youth with complex developmental behavioural conditions, including FASD.
- Clinical experience working in supportive role with children with FASD and their families.
- Good knowledge of developmental behavioural conditions, including FASD, family systems, assessment and treatment modalities.
- Family counselling experience.
- Parenting skills training/support program.
- Experience delivering workshops, participating on committees and public speaking.
Candidates for these positions should have specific knowledge and experience related to FASD, along with sufficient training and experience to perform all responsibilities of the job description.
Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License and may be required to provide a sound personal vehicle for business use.
Successful applicants will be subject to a screening process, including a criminal record search, to confirm suitability for the position.
Wage / Benefits:
$29.25 - $30.75 per hour based on relevant experience and education.
Upon successful completion of a probationary period, full-time employees (minimum 20- hrs. per week) are eligible for a full benefit package (including dental plan, vision coverage, life insurance, extended medical coverage, long-term disability plan, and RRSP contributions).
New full-time employees are eligible for 3-weeks paid vacation to start, as well as paid sick days as described in agency policy.
Why Choose arc programs as your employer?
arc programs is an equal-opportunity employer, promotes the diversity of our program teams, and requires employees to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity to the diversity of all populations of the communities we serve.
Apply by email to: