arc programs is currently accepting applications for Child and Youth Care Counsellors to join the Family Connection Centre team to cover a parental leave commencing in late December 2023.
Child and Youth Care Counsellors (CYCC’s) will work directly with children or youth (ages 0-18) who are diagnosed with, or have clinical indicators of Autism, neurodiversity, developmental delays, or other complex support needs, to enhance the child / youth’s ability to function and connect with family and peers in their home, school and community.
Hours / Schedule:
Full-Time, Fixed Term.
Averaging 37.5-hours per-week
Using an outreach, community-based, family-centered service delivery approach, CYCC’s will:
- Establish a support plan based on the child / youth’s assessed strengths, needs, abilities and preferences.
- Provide individual counseling, support and encouragement to assist children / youth in overcoming personal challenges.
- Assist children, youth and their families to address challenging behaviours, skill deficits and complex needs.
- Support / encourage the child or youth’s engagement in pro-social peer relationships and activities.
- Facilitate child or youth-focused groups designed to improve social skills, communication, life skills and peer relationships
- Provide family and parenting / caregiver support to promote healthy family relationships and reduce conflict in the home.
- Provide support and education the child / youth to improve their development and functioning in activities of daily living, such as social emotional learning, social skills, school, employment, domestic skills, community / leisure / recreational engagement, mental health and sexual health.
- Provide support to parents / caregivers to improve their resiliency, and their ability to manage their child / youth’s challenging behaviours and complex needs.
- Collaborate with Keyworkers, other FCC service providers and community partners to provide comprehensive goal-focused interventions.
- Implement and maintain required case management and clinical records.
- Other responsibilities include:
- Building relationships and connections within the community to improve service integration.
- Appling culturally safe and agile, trauma informed, relational and person / family-centered modalities.
A bachelor’s degree in a Social Services or Human Services discipline (ie: BSW, CYC, BA in Psychology etc.) with a minimum of 2-years relevant experience is preferred; although other levels of qualifications (i.e.: Human Service Worker) including position-specific experience, knowledge and skills may be considered.
Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License, and a sound personal vehicle to provide outreach support, and transportation for families when required.
Successful applicants will be subject to a screening process, including a criminal record search, to confirm suitability for the position.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of strengths-based family systems and attachment-based support.
- Well-versed in child development, developmental delays, neurodiversity, ASD, FASD and complex support needs.
- Familiar with IHCAN assessments, and recommended interventions.
- Ability to establish trusting relationships with children, youth, and families.
- Experience working as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Wage / Benefits:
$4,225.00 - $4,793.75 per month, based on relevant experience and education.
Upon successful completion of a probationary period, full-time employees (minimum 20-hrs per week) are eligible for a full benefit package (including dental plan, vision coverage, life insurance, extended medical coverage, long-term disability plan, and RRSP contributions).
New full-time employees are eligible for 3-weeks paid vacation to start, as well as paid sick days as described in agency policy.
Why choose arc programs as your employer?
arc programs is an equal-opportunity employer. We promote the diversity of our staff teams and requires all employees to demonstrate cultural agility and safety to the diversity of all populations we serve.
For more information about the Family Connection Centre, please click the link below
Apply by email to: